1. We absolutely adore this over-dyed rug from Lulu & Georgia. The saturated, yet faded turquoise color looks fantastic with gray, beige, pink, navy...and the list goes on. Use this instead of your boring Pottery Barn sisal to liven up your living space. It is just as beautiful under a sofa as it is peeking out from under your bed. Or try a smaller size in your kitchen...making coffee while standing on this beauty is a great way to start your day.
2. Next up, this awesome leather butterfly chair. Inspired by the Ralph Lauren Home one we drooled over recently (that was $4000), this one rings in at under $300!! It comes in chocolate or ebony and would look great in the corner of your living room with a sheepskin and a floor lamp, or try a pair across from your sofa to update your space.
3. This paper-maiche side table is the perfect way to lighten up a room, especially if you have a dark rug. With it's sculptural shape and bright white color it would look great with a task lamp next to a corner chair or add one in between two arm chairs as the perfect perch for your cocktail.
4. Depending on the pieces the home-owner (or renter) already has in her collection, Shannon and I often use art as a compass for the palette of the space. This ethereal and happy piece by Jen Garrido lends itself to a fresh and collected space. Try it on your mantel in a living room with blues and grays. Or add it to your bedroom, with a navy blue campaign style dresser and crisp white bedding. Throw a vintage Hmong lumbar on top and your bedroom will feel clean, modern and balanced.
5. We love this white rose topiary (it's alive). It is an easy, and low maintenance way to add greenery and life to your home. The flowers bloom most of the year and the plant will last for about 4 months inside. At $75, this is an economical and beautiful way bring the outdoors in. Buy a pair to flank your fireplace, and wrap some tiny lights around the base. You don't need a Holiday to make your home feel festive and special every night of the year.
6. Lastly, this uber chic ceramic lamp. Great texture, great size, and great price (under $200). Add it to an entry console for a perfectly lit foyer, or try it on your bedroom dresser for a pop of color and layer of interest.
Much like a new jacket or pair of shoes for your wardrobe... a new rug, some greenery or a pair of chairs can give your space the little boost in confidence that it craves this time of year.